European Prime Grade Oak
Generally supplied with between 10 – 14% moisture content.
All boards have had all wane machined off.
100mm and wider up to about 420mm supplied random width
From stock – 26, 32, 38, 51, 65, 80 & 100mm
From 2 metres and longer up to about 4.8 metres
Light tan to biscuit colour, sapwood is lighter. Growth conditions heavily influence the quality and grain. Straight grained qtr sawn boards are the most desirable with a unique ornamental silver grain.
- Skirting & Architrave
- Cabinet making
- High class internal joinery
- Exterior joinery
- Structural beams
- Work tops
- Machines well
- Pre drilling recommended for screws and nails
- Stains and finishes very well
- Very good for steam bending
- Glues well
- Medium movement in service
- Very good strength properties
- Bending & crushing strength is medium
- Stiffness and shock resistance is medium